The members of Royal River Chorus know that continued education in music is important for our voices, mind, body and spirit. However, we put our members health and safety above all else. With that in mind, we have decided to cancel all in-person rehearsals this winter, until further notice.
We are a resilient group of women and we won't allow distance to stop us from doing what we love. Each week we meet over zoom for physical warmups, vocal exercises, singing songs from our repertoire and learning new music, games, guest appearances and more. We know it's not quite the same as ringing chords in person with some of our best friends, but we are all happy to see each other's faces and have a chat each week.
April 8th, 2021 Update!
Starting April 15th, 2021 we will be hosting outdoor, socially distanced rehearsals on Thursday evenings starting at 6:30pm! Spring has sprung and we are so excited to get back together and harmonize while staying safe and following CDC guidelines.
Guidelines for a safe rehearsal:
- All singers will rehearse wearing face coverings that cover the mouth and nose.
- All singers will rehearse in a socially distanced configuration, with at least six feet between singers.
- If you need to remove your mask for any reason please step away from the rehearsal space.
- This includes: Drinking water, switching masks, taking a "mask break", etc.
- This should be done alone, away from all other singers and not as a group break.
- Please follow the Maine State Mask Mandates while in the public space.
- All singers will take a break from the “bridge space” after 30 minutes.
- This allows for the air to become renewed.
- Director will advise what happens during that “break” time.
- All guests must agree to follow all the member guidelines for rehearsal.
- All singers must sign a liability waiver.
- If you signed one in Fall 2020, you don’t need to sign a new one.
- If you are feeling sick or have had a fever within the last 24 hours please stay home.
- People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Are you interested in joining?
If you are free Thursday nights at 6:30 pm we would love to have you join in on our rehearsals! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.